Saturday 7 September 2013

Give Me Vinyl: Disney's Vinylmation (part 3)

Remember how in my last post I talked about how some Vinylmation figures weren't ones that I went out of my way to get, but I didn't really want to trade them away either?  Well, a lot of those ones will show up in this post, which should wrap up my Vinylmation spotlight.  Until I get more.

This would be the poster child for Vinylmation figures that I wouldn't have wanted, but don't want to get rid of.  I don't know why, he's ideal for trading.  I guess I like his smile.


This suit figure is part of the "Occupations" series, but I can't recall if he came with this Vinylmation Jr or not.  Either way, I see them as an athlete/agent duo.


Little Boy Blue is supposed to look sleepy, but he comes across as high to me.

Not all of the figures in this post came from trying to get others though.  Some series, like Under the Big Top, High School, or Zooper Heroes were ones that I would have tried to get more of, but I wasn't as into Vinylmation at the time.

Snake Charmer

Circus Monkey

Mime

Clown

Lunch Lady

Cheerleader

Mean Girl

Zooper Pig

Zooper Koala

Zooper Chimp

I like to take some figures with me whenever I travel, so Vinylmation toys are prefect for Disney trips.  Last year we stayed in a music themed hotel, so I brought a Conductor Mickey.  This year we're in a Western themed resort, so I gave myself a few options.

Conductor Mickey

Deputy Goofy

The Lone Ranger

Tonto

Alright, let's wrap this up.  Without further ado, here's the rest:



This is the 2012 park exclusive.  I hope to get the 2013 one this year.





We were using this Cutesters series to stock up on figures to trade, because we figured we wouldn't want any of these super-girly things.  Well, I decided I wanted the Sno Cone (since it's a foodie character), so I kept the girl at the sno cone stand to go alone with it.




The Occupations series Lawyer with Libra, because why not?

This Country Music Daisy might be another candidate to bring to the Western resort this year.




This gnome is another of my faves.

This is the Alice in Wonderland hedgehog from the first Vinylmation post.  I mentioned then how he looked like a little troll/gremlin-y thing.  Well, the gnome's had furthers that look along.

I actually really enjoy going up the Swiss Family Robinson's treehouse when I'm in Disney World.

The Occupations series Receptionist and Cup of Coffee.




 




So, ya see?  I didn't think I had that many Vinylmation figures till I went to do this spotlight, and now I know I have more than I thought.  And I'm sure I'll get some more when we go back to Disney this month.  I doubt they're everyone's cup of tea, but they're fun, and a lot of them are actually pretty cool.  And since a lot of these were bought in Florida, it's a series that reminds me of travel.  I love combining toys with travel, so it's win-win for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment