Thursday 9 May 2013

Slime and Cards

The third series of Trash Pack toys hasn't fully hit Canada yet, but is instead trickling out through the line of Trash Pack trading cards.  You can buy the cards either on their own, or including a hidden series 3 Trashie, so I've gotten a few that way.  My friend Alexx from Toys and Tomfoolery hooked me up with some slime sets as well (thanks Alexx!), so instead of doing a true Series 3 spotlight right now, I'll just focus on the the slime and card sets.


I'll start with the cards first since they're my first exposure to Series 3.  Sounds pretty fair!  I used to love trading cards as a kid (I still have my complete Monster In My Pocket card set), so I was pretty excited for these.  Also, the Trash Pack is hardly known for its highly detailed paint applications, so seeing the fully illustrated characters on the cards is nice.


OILY OINTMENT

DANK DISHWASHER

BARF BQ

 SICK GARLIC

CLOGGED CAMERA


CACKY CAKE


(Like the Trashies themselves, there are different color variants of the cards to be found, including chrome and glow-in-the-dark)

The trading cards are also a card game, but I haven't attempted to learn how to play.  The Canadian packs don't even include English instructions!  You have to download them from the Trash Pack website.  Unless you want to try to play in French, that is.


There are three different collector tins to store your cards in, and they come with dice Trashies to use in the game.



Bring on the slime!  Unlike the fizzy pack from Series 2, the slime packs don't come packaged with figures in the slime.  This is a good thing, as I don't know if the green goo will stain the figures (and I don't plan on putting them in there).  The slime itself is thick and gooey, but as far as I can tell it cleans up pretty easily (at least it came off the plate I used without much hassle).  I was hoping the slime would have a scent to it like the old TMNT ooze or Ghostbusters ectoplasm, but it really doesn't have much of a smell at all.  It's still fun enough to play with, but since I'm not going to be putting any of my figures in there, it's not really all that useful.  Maybe I can use it in a diorama at some point.

(The slime goes back into the can pretty easily, so you can save it to slime again another day!)

JUNK MAIL

GUNK PUMPKIN

GROTWEILER

PIGGY PIGEON

LOCH MESS
(The first female Trashie without a bow on her head!)

SCABOON

 ROTTEN ROLL

STINKY SKUNK

KRUDDY KENNEL

BAD ANT

GROT POT

I'll do a proper Series 3 spotlight when I find more figures, but this'll do as a slimy first taste.


3 comments:

  1. - Man those cards remind me of Garbage Pail Kids.

    - I woulda called the Gunk Pumpkin a Grumpkin.

    - Did you open any of the slime yet to test it out?

    I dunno why, but the guys used as dice are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I can't really do a post about slime without really taking the slime out of the bag, can I? I updated the post with pics of the shmoo in all it's gooey goodness!

    And "Grumpkin" sounds like some kind of goblin or gremlin. Either a young one, or a really old one. :)

    ReplyDelete